19 September 2015
- 11:00 Mark Bailey: "Recent Developments in our Understanding of Comets"
- 1:30: Robert Feather: "Where Moses Stood"
- 2:45: Tony Haynes and Peter Fairlie-Clarke: "Worlds in Collision, the Exodus Event"
11:00 Mark Bailey, director of the Armagh Observatory talks on "Recent Developments in our Understanding of Comets"
- Mark eloquently demonstrates the severe constraints that Consensus Science has placed on itself, in regarding gravity as the ONLY motivating force in the Universe. He does try to look back at our heritage, but fails to appreciate the extraordinary events which our ancestors clearly reported witnessing. No practical evidence is offered for the comet paradigm, it is purely mechanical, mathematical and statistical. Mark shows the scale of assumptions upon which Standard Theory is based. A real eye opener for those of us who do not see the publicly funded professionals at work.
- 1:30: Tony Haynes and Peter Fairlie-Clarke talk about “Worlds in Collision, the Exodus Event”
- Peter applies his analytical mind to Velikovsky's controversial theory and comes up with a convincing scenario. However it does not sit easily with conventional gravity-based science. Instead we might assume that an electric universe would allow planet orbits to be displaced and the resulting interactions between bodies to be non-terminal. He interprets the Exodus plagues and astronomical events from the pages of Worlds in Collision, and keeps Velikovsky's 'agent of death' as Venus. We include some questions and answers after the talk.
- A YouTube version is available here.
- 2:45: Robert Feather talks on 'Where Moses Stood', his book describing the route of the Exodus and archaeological evidence for the location of the mountain where Moses received the Ten Commandments. Being a metallurgist Robert emphasises the role of copper mining in the Sinai desert and how several metal artefacts form important evidence for the presence of Hebrews or Israelites in the area. He explores what he considers the most logical explanations for the Exodus plagues and events, with no reference to astronomical influences.
- A YouTube version of the video is available here.
Watford Quaker Meeting House,150 Church Road, Watford WD17 4QB (map).